The Lake Tahoe US Coast Guard will be on the water making sure everyone is safe and compliant. Here are the requirements:
PFD's are mandatory for the El Dorado 5 Miler and the Emerald Bay 14 Miler.
- If you are 13 and older you have to have the PFD attached on your board or on your person.
- If you are 12 and younger you have to wear the PFD.
- Prone board paddlers are not required to have a PFD
PFD's are not required for SUPCross, Team Relays, Grom Race, High Jump, Limbo, and Sweet Move Contest.
MTI’s Inflatable waist PFD is available for purchase at a 10% discount when you register online. You will be able to pick up your order on race day.
MTI Standard Fluid 2.0
Best versatile shape for SUP.
Price on race day: $117.00
Early Bird price: $105.00
- 3D mesh padded comfort belt
- Buckle protector panel
- Zippered storage pocket
- Exterior whistle holster & D-Ring attachment point
- Signal whistle
If you haven't registered for Race the Lake of the Sky®, then be sure to do so soon. Early bird pricing ends June 1st.